Powered By Blogger

Friday, 20 September 2013

Dream - 006 Inhumanity amongst humans.

"Dad! Hurry, we're gonna miss Sarai's dance!" A little boy ran eagerly, his father not too far behind him.

As I looked up, flashy lights, loud bizarre sounds, and a strong factored perfume filled my senses.

The digital speaker came to life and blared:
"Welcome! We welcome you!
Come! See, as young men and women, boys and girls, perform and fight!
All these are to your heart's delight! We assured you your satisfaction.
As promised last month, the petting zoo is now open! Experience what it is like to feed children age 4 and below! Food scraps will be provided for purchase near the feeding area."

What is this place? I thought.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This was a dream.

A sick dream.
What was typed up above doesn't give you a clear picture of what I dreamed, so permit me to share with you what was played in my mind as I slept.

Think about the word, 'zoo'.
What is a zoo?
It's a place to-? display animals..  rear animals, whatever. It's for animals, basically.
Occasionally, there will be performances presented by animals of varying shapes and sizes.

Now, replace all the animals with humans. Humans. Yes, now imagine some or all of your friends and family members are in this zoo. You are the only one in the zoo who is not caged up, preparing for the next performance or fighting over scraps of food with other cellmates.

This zoo is big and hosts over a thousand humans.
Some are slaves, some are dancers.
Some are fighters, some are just for show because of their being born with some screws missing, be it a missing limp or a disfigured body or face.
They are all for show.
To entertain, is their only goal in this life of theirs. Not survival.

In this dream, I visited a friend.
She was a performer.
She was dressed scantily and had too much make-up on her face.
She was not treated as a human should be treated, she was treated as an animal.
Her parents were in debt and sold her here so that they could continue to live in a life of luxury and comfort. What's worse is that she accepted her life here without putting up a fight. She was treated as an asset to patch a hole in a person's wallet.

At this point, I thought in my mind in what kind of world do I live in that permits such distortion in law and in conduct as homo-sapiens? Has the government take leave of their senses? What has become of this world? Remember that this was a dream.

Every corner, every lot, every cage or den, there are humans in it.

As I walked on the pathway, I realized that this dream should not take place, should not transform into reality. What am I going to do about it when I wake up?
Study law and take up a stand and fight fervently for human rights?
Not everyone would feel the same as I did. Or would do what as suggested, be a lawyer.

No, what we can do is easier said than done due to our habits of vulgar words and rash actions.
But it is simple.
We can treat every soul we see, we meet, we cross paths with, equally.
Treat each one as we would like to be treated.
With politeness, with kindness, with a smile.
Be it a stranger, a friend or an acquaintance, or an enemy.

Let's not 'throw scraps of food' at each other but feed one other with acts and services of love.
This may not be the best way to convey how I felt as I shook myself awake.
This may not be presented to suit everyone's point of view.
The flow of this post may not be fluent or of standard.
But the main line I would like all my readers to remember is:
"TREAT EACH ONE AS WE WOULD LIKE TO BE TREATED."

There is a Bible verse to this, you may not be a Christian but I'm going to share it anyway, whether you read it or not.
This is from NIV (New International Version).
Matthew 7:12: "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you..."

Thank you for investing your time to read this post.

Dream - 006 Inhumanity amongst humans.
20th September 2013
Completed typing by 12:29pm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment