“I love you, babe.”
“I love you too, my love…”
I didn’t know that it was probably the last time I would
ever hear those heartfelt words spoken from the lips of the love of my life.
The last thing I saw was the warm smile on her face; the smile that gleamed
like silver in the night light. She turned and walked towards the bathroom, her
hair swished softly against the cool air in the room. Water could be heard
running down the tap.
And then everything happened.
I couldn’t breathe. Water gushed down my throat as I
struggled for air. Each gulp tasted dirty and burned my stomach.
Evynnest!
I slid and slide as I tried to get a hold of my footing and
stumbled towards the washroom.
The hell is happening?
Why is everything so freaking blur? Why can’t I see straight?
“Evyn…” I croaked out her name as my windpipe tries to cope
from near-drowning.
“Evyn!” I screamed her name. “Evyn!”
Something slick and sticky seeped into the space between my
toes.
It wasn’t water. I looked down and all I could see was a
murky dark red that flooded the bathroom
floor, so much blood everywhere.
Where did- How-?
“Vine…” That familiar voice, a voice that I love and got
used to. “Come here, Yothvine.”
As I looked up, my vision cleared and sharpened.
There on the wall, in front of me, hung her pale, limped
body. Shards of blood-stained glass pierced through her, all over her, and
pinned her onto the wall like some dead animal’s skin.
I could only scream her name. And scream I did, I screamed
until my throat burned and speaking became a difficult task.
Grotesque and gory as it seems, I could not, I would not look
away from the body of my lover. She had become someone so precious and special
in my life that I don’t think that I can ever express care and concern to any
other woman as I do to her, Evynnest.
With her body in so
much pain, how can she still smile at me? Or is the pain too much that her mind
has gone blank?
“Vine.”
“Yes, my love?” I fell to my knees before her. “I’m here.”
She continued to smile as she removed one of the longer
shards from her chest and moved it to her ever-slender neck, the neck which I
kissed every night to sleep.
“You are the worst.” She spat at me. “But I still love you.”
Time slowed then. Her fingers gripped the sharp weapon so
tightly that her hand started to bleed.
“Stop.” I didn’t
understand why this was happening.
Loud cracks filled my ears. A few bones and glass snapped inside
her body as she moved her right hand.
“Stop! Please stop, please.” But I went along with the flow.
The long and slender knife-like glass bite deep into her windpipe and
slit clean her head off as her wrist moved swiftly and ruthlessly. It fell and
thudded soundly onto the wet marble floor, with her smile stuck frozen on her
face.
No. No, no, no, no,
no!
This isn’t- This isn’t
happening, this isn’t happening!
-Dream 005
written on a Thursday 22/8/2013 Originally titled: "Devastated."
modified date: Wednesday 8/7/2014 Updated title: "Why?"
written on a Thursday 22/8/2013 Originally titled: "Devastated."
modified date: Wednesday 8/7/2014 Updated title: "Why?"

No comments:
Post a Comment